Friday 16 November 2018

Wedding postage

Hello there!

Well, it's been a while since I posted on here and I have a reason. I got married! Yep, and I had to do something creative for it. So this is the first of 3 posts about all the decorations and design stuff me (and my now wife) did.

First of all come the save the dates and invitations. I started these way back in summer 2017..feels like a lifetime ago.

I tried in the beginning to come up with an overall theme, but then decided that the theme should be us. So I did something (that I think at least) has shades of Graeme Base's Animalia, one of my favourite books growing up.

So my wife likes cats, stained glass windows and Jane Austen and I like Doctor Who, Dinosaurs and we both like Lord of the Rings and ale so I came up with this for the save the date.


Next onto the invite. I went with the same kinda theme, but a bit more detailed.


So that's a Farnsworth from Warehouse 13, a martian from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Sir Arthur from Ghouls 'n ghosts, a cooking spoon, a pencil, Calvin and Hobbes, tea (my wife loves tea!), Poirot TV series, Catan, David Attenborough, and Carradine's Cockey Singalong. Very, very us!

A very old and dear friend of ours helped with putting the words on. Thanks a million Emma!


Very nice to do some painting again. Like acrylics, they're very bright and you can just wash the brushes off with water, not smelly old white spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment